It’s official: the slushy, more-Seattle-than-Minnesota winter has gone, and the cold has come. While some of us enjoy the winter months, playing winter sports and enjoying the fresh, cold breezes, plenty of us squeeze our eyes shut and power through until spring, relying on remote start and heated seats to make it all a little less miserable.
If you fall into the latter category, we totally understand. Winter can be tough! Here’s how to stay sane and stylish from December to March (or April).
- Treat your hair. Stay in on a weekend night when it’s too chilly to drive and treat your hair to a luxe masque. We love Oribe’s Signature Moisture Masque when we want to feel like a Real Housewife; it’s decadent and packed with moisturizing ingredients like Macadamia Nut Seed Oil. Winter’s dry, cold chill can affect your hair, too, so give it extra care a few times per month.
- Fight the frizzies. Staticky hair is not a good look. Aveda’s Naturally Straight helps keep your hair sleek and straight for up to three washes and has frizz-protection on lock, so you don’t need to worry that you’re going out looking as crazy as you feel.
- Change up your color. Why not beat winter boredom by visiting one of our salons and trying something new? If you’re tied to your blonde, go brighter and protect and enhance it with some Oribe. Go deep and dark, or add a little fun, fantasy color. It may just break you out of that winter rut.
- Swap it out. Trade your regular body wash for a cream cleansing oil, like Aveda’s Beautifying or Stress-Fix Crème Cleansing Oils. They add a little extra moisture to skin while you shower – trust us, your skin is desperate for it!
- Relax. Come in for a long, relaxing massage by one of our pros. You’ll feel so calm and chilled out at the end, you’ll hardly notice the temperature.
- Stay beautiful on the inside, too. Why not go out of your way to do something nice for others during the winter? Volunteer with a cause you’re passionate about, take a friend to lunch or donate to a charity. Doing good makes you glow from head to toe.