Cooler temps are here! Between the protective face coverings and change of seasons, your skin is bound to need some extra TLC in the coming weeks. Skincare masques—whether in the form of cream, clay, sheet, peel-off, gel, or exfoliating—are a perfect way to get your skin looking and feeling nourished, hydrated and youthful.
Wondering which one is right for you? Or how to get the most out of your skincare masques? We’ve got you covered! Here are our tips to get the most out of your masques, and four masques we’re loving to purify, nourish and revitalize this fall.
First up—how to get the most out of your masques! Bella and I share our tips in the video below.
Next we’re sharing which masques we’re loving right now—here are four products that we love using on our guests…and on ourselves!
IMAGE Skincare I MASK Firming Transformation Mask
This masque is the queen of anti-aging! This luxurious, shimmery blue masque supports the skin’s ability to resist stress that contributes to the visible signs of skin aging.
- Why we love it: It helps bring skin into balance, hydrating with hyaluronic acid as high-purity clays and jojoba beads gently polish away dullness for improved texture, tightness and tone.
- How to use it: Apply this masque with the included silicone brush in a thin, even layer and let dry for 10-15 minutes. Massage with water then remove. This masque will help you channel your inner mermaid with its shimmery blue color!
Eminence Organics Turmeric Energizing Treatment
Feeling like a zombie lately? This brand new treatment is sure to awaken your skin with a burst of energy! Formulated with turmeric, citrine gemstones and zeolite, this spicy golden powder awakens the skin.
- Why we love it: It’s like a warm, spicy hug for my face! It stimulates without leaving sensitive skin red and it exfoliates/softens/brightens beautifully.
- How to use it: To use, dispense a small amount of powder into the outer cap and stir while adding water to create a fluffy mousse. Then apply in a thin even layer and allow to dry for 10 to 30 minutes. The hot sensation will decrease the longer it stays on but will reactivate when you begin removal. Use tepid water to remove instead of warm water since it will be reactive with a tingling sensation!
Eminence Organics Eight Greens Phyto Masque (Hot)
This 2020 Allure Best of Beauty award-winning masque is high in phytoestrogens which mimic estrogens in your body to help combat hormonal acne. It will also improve hydration to reduce the signs of aging and give your skin a youthful glow! It’s balancing for combination to oily skin and can reduce the appearance of breakouts. Don’t be afraid of this green slimy masque—you’ll love the benefits!
- Why we love it: It’s extremely detoxifying and revitalizing and immediately tightens and firms your skin by stimulating collagen production.
- How to use it: Simply add water to a small amount and emulsify, then apply. Leave on for 5-10 minutes depending on the level of activity you’re feeling. This will stimulate your blood circulation so it may cause slight redness to the skin so it’s best used at night. We recommend using this 1-2 times a week for best results.
IMAGE Skincare I MASK Anti-Aging Hydrogel Sheet Mask
This sheet masque is great for anyone needing an extra boost of hydration! It’s loaded with a blend of antioxidants, botanicals and peptides to help revive dull, dry skin leaving you with a youthful glow.
- Why we love it: The potent botanical extracts help to brighten the skin’s appearance, and it’s the perfect portable addition to any skincare regimen!
- How to use it: Unfold the masque, fit to your face and relax for 5-10 minutes. Then massage remaining essence into your skin!
No matter which masque you choose, hitting pause and making time for some much-needed self care is a must. Not only does a targeted face masque help alleviate stress-induced skin issues, dryness and excess oil, but those 10 minutes spent doing absolutely nothing but relaxing can work wonders for your wellbeing!
Wonder which skincare masque is for you? Let us know, we’re here to help!
Ali and Bella are Estheticians at Cole’s Salon Eagan Station. You can follow Ali on Instagram at @estheticsbyalig and Bella at @bellam_esthetics.