This year, I am making it a priority to improve my overall health! First on my list? Refreshing my weekly meal plans with the most important meal of all—breakfast.
A resolution to eat healthier sounds easy, until you are faced with planning three meals a day for a family that is working, studying, and living 24/7 at home! That’s why I love using Hush & Hush’s PlantYourDay Protein Powder to streamline meals and make healthy eating easy.
I start my morning off with a protein shake using the PlantYourDay powder. My favorite recipe is the Sweet ‘Nana Shake. It tastes delicious and it’s packed with organic pumpkin protein, which means it fills me up until lunch. An easy shake is a great way to set me up for a full day of healthy eating.
On days where I have a little more time to prepare breakfast, Hush & Hush has got me covered. My kids love when I use the PlantYourDay Protein powder to make “Hushcakes,” which taste just like pancakes but are so much more nutritious. If it’s the weekend, I show a little extra love and serve them with syrup and cocoa nibs. And my kids never know that their pancake breakfast also included nutrients from leafy greens!
There are a lot of options you can try to stay healthy—getting more sleep, managing stress, getting exercise, drinking fluids, eating nutritious foods, and consistently taking your beauty supplements. Starting the day off with a healthy breakfast helps me get a good start on the day so I can try even more healthy habits.
SWEET ‘NANA SHAKE
recipe by Hush & Hush
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops Hush & Hush PlantYourDay
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/8 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 scoops PlantYourDay
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons water or almond milk
- For toppings: cacao nibs, cocoa powder, organic shredded coconut, toasted hazelnuts or chia seeds, matcha powder, fresh fruit, organic Greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, PlantYourDay, baking powder and water or almond milk.
- Pour the batter into 1/3 cup portions.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and pour the batter into the heated skillet.
- When pancakes begin to form bubbles, flip.
- Serve with toppings and/or organic pure maple syrup.
Heather Ehresman is on the corporate team at Cole’s Salon.