Voluminous, bouncy curls are the easiest way to glam up your look. Not blessed with ’em naturally? It’s super simple to get those waves on your own. Here is my hassle-free routine using a ghd curling wand—plus tips and tricks. Try it on yourself at home!
First, a little bit about the ghd Curve Creative Curl wand:
What it is:
The ghd Curve Creative Curl is a tapered wand with technology that guarantees a constant, optimum temperature for healthier-looking, tousled curls that last. The tapered barrel of this wand goes from 1″- 0.9″, meaning you get a looser, voluminous curl at the top of your hair and tighter, defined curls toward the ends.
- The barrel has a ceramic coating, so your hair stays smooth and frizz-free.
- The wand heats up to 185°C, so it will curl hair without damaging the strands.
- The protective cool tip gives you a safe spot to hold your hair in place while you curl, and the built-in safety stand lets you set the wand down securely during styling.
- Bonus: a 30-minute automatic off switch for peace of mind!
You can create a variety of looks with this tool—leave your waves as is for a clean and defined look, or opt for a more messy finish by running your fingers through the lengths and giving strands a blast with some texture spray.
The staying power of this tool is ah-mazing. If your hair never holds a curl, give this wand a try!
Here’s how it works:
Tips and tricks:
- Make sure the wand is pointed down and not horizontal to create a wave that doesn’t shrink up so much.
- Use a heat styling spray on dry hair before you curl, like Oribe Free Styler.
- After pulling out the wand, leave your other hand under the curl for a few seconds while it cools to get a bouncier effect.
- Wait until the curl cools entirely before running hands through it to give your curl a longer life.
- Always curl the first curl away from your face.
- For a neater curl, roll all of your hair back away from face.
- For messier curl, go every other curl—one away from your face, one toward your face, one away from your face, and so on.
Get it while it’s hot (pun intended)
If you’re looking to create curls that last all day, the ghd Creative Curl wand will be your next go-to styling tool. And if you need a little more guidance, hop in my chair and I’ll give you an in-person tutorial!
Shayna Mellor is an advanced designer at Cole’s Salon Cedar Cliff.