In need of some extra TLC in the arch department? Eyebrow threading is an excellent, natural option for hair removal. But what is it and why should you consider trying it? I’ve been providing this service to guests at Cole’s Salon for a while now, and I’m here to tell you: threading is worth it in so many ways.
Below, I break down what threading is, what to expect at your threading appointment, and why you should give it a try.
What threading is
Threading is a method of hair removal that uses a cotton thread to remove one line of hair at a time. It is an alternative to waxing and recommended for anyone with skin sensitivities. With origins in Asia, the treatment has been around for centuries.
What the process is
A piece of thread is taken and twisted on itself as it’s glided along the brow to shape it. The hair is removed from the follicle, but it doesn’t damage the skin. Before the actual threading happens, you’ll be given a consultation to decide on shape. The whole process takes around 15-30 minutes to complete. Here’s a quick look at how it works:
What to expect
- How it feels: Threading is significantly less painful than waxing. While it can still be a bit uncomfortable, there’s little contact with the skin and there’s no risk of burning or irritating your skin with wax.
- How long it lasts: Threading lasts the same amount of time as waxing—about 4 to 6 weeks, depending on your hair type.
- How much it costs: At Cole’s Salon, brow threading ranges from $25 to $30, chin and lip threading costs up to $20, and a full face threading costs up to $70.
Why you should try it
- It’s gentle on the skin. Since threading only removes the actual brow hair and no skin, it hurts a whole lot less than waxing, and there is less redness and inflammation.
- It’s a natural option if you have sensitive skin that’s prone to irritation. Since threading is a natural, organic technique that doesn’t use harsh chemicals on your face, people are less likely to have adverse reaction such as breakouts or skin lifting. So it’s great for anyone using products for acne, aging or on antibiotics.
- It’s a very precise method. Threading is all about precision. Even the tiniest hair can be removed from its follicle. And because it gets every single hair, no half-grown strays are left behind. Plus, the method of threading allows for total control over which hairs are removed and which aren’t.
- Maintenance is easier. Since threading is so precise, it can remove all of your unwanted hairs at once. That means all the hair will grow back in at the same time, so you’re not stopping in for touch-ups every week.
Does threading seem like it might be a fit for you? Schedule a consultation and I’d be happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions!
Desi Schrobilgen is an Advanced Esthetician at Cole’s Salon Savage. You can schedule an appointment with her by calling 952-226-5310.