Is there anything better than crawling into a warm bed on a cold night? Or how about getting a massage—one of the best ways to ease muscle tension and pain? What if we told you that you could combine the two elements—heat and massage—to create the most luxuriously relaxing experience? With hot stone massage, you can!
Hot stone massage is a natural therapy in which warmed stones are positioned on parts of the body to maximize therapeutic benefits. The premise behind this technique is that the direct heat of the stones relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist access to their deeper muscle layers. When combining hot stones with other massage techniques, the muscles are able to warm up and relax more quickly. This allows for a deeper, quicker release of muscle tension. The heat and repetitive strokes of the stones promote blood flow to the muscles and tissues that are holding that tension.
Hot stones provide more than just a new massage technique to try, it provides clients with a unique experience and many benefits.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions.
- Improves circulation and blood flow within the body.
- Calms nerves and can improve functioning of the nervous system.
- Reduces pain and discomfort during the massage. Even a deep tissue massage becomes relatively painless after the hot stones have been placed on your body.
- Alleviates stress and can enhance mental clarity.
Hot stone massage provides many therapeutic benefits and is safe for nearly any client. And even better—it’s a perfect addition to any other spa services you have scheduled!
Lisa Meyer is a massage therapist and esthetician at Cole’s Salon Apple Valley. Make an appointment with her at 952-891-4112 for all of your massage and beauty questions!