Do you ever just want your hair up and cute but don’t want to look like you tried too hard? My go-to solution for a quick, easy AND beautiful style is a knot braid! And the best part—you don’t even need to know how to braid because it doesn’t involve any actual braiding. This modern, chic version of the old school French twist takes less than five minutes (with some practice, of course) and can be used for a casual or formal setting.
To get the look, just follow these simple steps!
Here’s how to do it:
- Take a medium size section of hair starting at the top of your head and pull it apart to make two sections.
- Tie the two sections of hair into a knot like how you would start typing your shoe.
- Grab another section of hair and separate that into two sections that you add to the first two sections.
- Then combine the sections and tie them into a knot.
- You repeat this process until you get to the bottom of your head.
- Once you’re at the bottom, either make a pony or a messy bun and boom—DONE!
Whether you are looking for an original hairstyle for a special occasion or just want to mix up your style no matter the season—the knot braid is a simple and super cute solution!
Becca Schilling is an Advanced Designer at Cole’s Salon Cedar Cliff.