Humidity. Some people love it, most of us hate it, but we all know it to be an inevitable part of Minnesota summers.
No matter your hair type, when high-humidity days come along, you know it’s going to change the way your hair behaves. Since it seems like the hot, humid (and smokey!) days have been unending lately, I wanted to share six hair products that are specifically designed to beat all that extra moisture in the air.
Oribe Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray
- Why we love it: This anti-humidity finishing spray shields hair from frizz on the sultriest of days (and nights), protecting sleek blowouts and perfect curls alike. Miami-tested.
- How to use it: Spray on finished hair to block frizz, set style and add texture. Can be used before styling for texture and hold.
Oribe Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream
- Why we love it: This powerful perfecting cream protects against heat and humidity for super sleek strands that still have body and movement. Blowouts become quicker, more manageable and alluringly enduring.
- How to use it: Distribute throughout damp hair, section by section, before blowing out silky smooth. A flat-iron finish adds extra perfection.
Bumble and bumble Curl Anti-Humidity Gel-Oil
- Why we love it: This nourishing gel-oil hybrid adds hydration, bounce, and shine, while protecting against humidity. Plus, UV protection helps shield curls from the drying effects of the sun.
- How to use it: Emulsify in hands, and then work in sections through damp hair. Run through to ends. Need more? Go for it. Air-dry or diffuse to finish.
Bumble and bumble Straight Blow Dry
- Why we love it: This heat-protective blow-dry creme helps keep styles smooth and sleek, and reduces frizz for up to three days.
- How to use it: Work a small amount evenly through damp hair. Use a brush to blow-dry in sections.
Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme
- Why we love it: Controls frizz for an all-day smooth style, and nourishes hair and helps fight frizz in intense humidity.
- How to use it: Apply thoroughly to your towel-dried hair. Blow-dry or air-dry; style as desired.
Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother
- Why we love it: It makes styling easier, defends against humidity for up to 12 hours, and protects against surface damage from heat styling.
- How to use it: To prep hair for styling, work a small amount of product in hands and apply through damp hair. Style as desired.
So go ahead, let your hair down this summer! If you have any questions or specific hair needs—leave a question in the comments. I’m happy to help!
Alyssa Markstrom is the Retail and Service Advisor at Cole’s Salon Cedar Cliff.