It’s that time of year again—spring break! In just a week or two, many will be trading in those heavy sweaters and Sorels for sunglasses and swimsuits. I’ll be heading to Hawaii, and have already begun packing and prepping my beauty routine for some fun in the sun.
Here are some easy steps I’ll be taking to prep for my beach vacation:
When I step off the airplane, I want to be moisturized and perfectly bronzed. So here are the three things I do:
- Exfoliate: Removing dead skin from the body before applying bronze is key. One of my favorites is the Oribe Côte d ‘Azur Polishing Body Scrub. It’s luxurious, smells (really, really) great, and leaves skin oh-so-soft.
- Bronze: The face and body bronzer from Image Skincare is super easy for an at-home tan.
- Moisturize: To maintain your bronze, moisturizing is key. Pick up one of the many options we offer in-salon, like the Eminence Apricot Body Oil to stay hydrated.
With all of the spring break selfies ahead, I want my hair to look perfect. To achieve ultra glam, I make sure to book an appointment with a stylist at Cole’s Salon to freshen up my color before I leave. For me, that means a balayage to brighten up my blonde tones. For others, that might mean a color service to add richness and enhance hues.
Another special prep step I’m taking this year is getting Easihair Pro extensions! This will fulfill my mermaid hair dreams by adding the length and fullness I’ve always wanted. Plus, extensions will last up to eight weeks before needing to be re-taped!
What to pack:
Everyone wants to be glowing, radiant, and hydrated while on vacation. These are my must-have products for the plane, hotel, and beach.
- Sheet masks: This is my ultimate airplane essential. The enclosed air in the plane can cause serious dryness and dullness in the skin. Indulging with a sheet mask is the perfect way to hydrate and relax for the ride. Image Skincare sheet masks come in a five-pack, perfect for using one on the way there, one on the way back, and a few throughout your vacation.
- Haircare: Let’s face it, hotel shampoo and conditioner hurts our hair more than it helps. I always make sure to grab travel sizes of my go-to haircare products before I leave.
- Sun Protection: Most vacations are all about fun in the sun, but it can be seriously damaging to the skin and hair. My go-to sunscreen for face and body is the Image Skincare Pure Mineral Sunscreen Spray. It’s super easy to re-apply throughout the day, even over makeup. To protect the hair from UV rays, I use the Bumble and bumble Save the Day fluid. It’s a lightweight serum that gives protection from the sun without weighing the hair down.
- Wave spray: Easy to use sprays that add texture and volume for the ultimate beach waves are a must. My favorites are the Oribe Foundation Mist and the Bumble and bumble surf spray.
- Bronzer: The perfect time to add a little warmth to the face is on vacation. I use a Jane Iredale bronzing powder to give my skin a sun-kissed glow.
Follow this guide and your beauty routine will be spring break ready. Visit any Cole’s Salon location for products and services that will get you prepped for vacation. Aloha!
Allison Arlt is a Retail and Service Advisor at Cole’s Salon Eagan Station. She can be reached at 651-456-9454.