Living in Minnesota, there’s no way to escape the frigid temps this time of year. Which means our skin is exposed to the elements on the regular—leading to cracked hands, chapped lips, and parched skin. So what’s the gal-on-the-go to do to keep skin hydrated and glowing all year long?
Below, we break down skincare tips for every winter situation: from the comfort of your own home, to the office to the spa.
There are so many ways to fight dry skin at home with the right cold-weather skincare products. Below are three tips to get you the moisture your body is craving:
- Embrace exfoliation: Our skin can always benefit from regular exfoliation, but it can be especially beneficial in the winter. We love Image Skincare’s Vital C Hydrating Enzyme Mask because it exfoliates with gentle enzymes and leaves skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
- Maximize your moisturizer: This one is easy—moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. We’re obsessed with Image Skincare’s Vital C Hydrating Facial Oil, an ultra-lightweight oil that hydrates, nourishes and soothes dry, sensitive skin. We also love Eminence Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer—a thick, whipped face cream that instantly relieves dry, itchy skin.
- Soothe your scalp: The winter months can put your hair and scalp under a lot of stress. Aveda’s Scalp Benefits line provides nourishing care and is gentle enough for everyday use. And if you’re already battling flakes, Aveda’s Scalp Remedy Dandruff Solution is a leave-in daily treatment that promotes a healthy scalp by relieving itching.
In the office
You don’t have to leave your skincare routine behind at home—here’s how you can take care of yourself at the office, too:
- Find your favorite hand cream: Our hands often get the brunt end of the frigid weather, so take extra care of them. We love Aveda’s Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme—a super rich, creamy moisturizer that can make dry hands noticeably softer and smoother. Keep this on your desk or in your purse for immediate relief!
- Stick with sunscreen: You need SPF every day of the year, even when the forecast calls for a blizzard. Our go-to is Image Skincare’s PREVENTION+ Daily Hydrating Moisturizer.
- Care for your lips: Lock in moisture with Oribe’s Balmessence Lip Treatment—a long-lasting silkening balm with Camelina oil delivers soothing hydration while protecting lips from dryness and the elements.
In the spa:
Leave it the pros and indulge in a little TLC at the spa:
- Indulge in a Special Mani/Pedi: Enjoy our seasonal Eminence Organic Skin Care mani/pedi special—featuring Cranberry Pomegranate Sugar Scrub, Linden Calendula Treatment, and Sugar Plum Whip. Available at all Cole’s Salon locations!
- Dermaplaning: Dermaplaning is a safe, noninvasive exfoliation technique for your face—brightening skin tone, evening out texture, and decreasing the look of fine lines—and is a great alternative for anyone who reacts negatively to microdermabrasion or facial waxing! Learn more about it here.
- Try a facial: Nourish your skin with a series of facial treatments for the softest, most radiant looking skin imaginable.
Whether you are preparing for winter months or getting your skin ready for that beach vacation—it is possible for your skin to stay hydrated this winter. Give us a call to talk with a FIT member or schedule your appointment with your service provider to get your winter skincare plans in place.