When it comes to beauty and salon visits in the time of COVID-19, where do we even begin? In just a few months, the world has changed dramatically, and so has the way we do business here at Cole’s. As we’ve begun going back to “normal”—or what we consider “normal” after a few months of quarantine and mask-wearing—we’ve had to make some significant changes to help ensure not only your safety, but the safety of our designers, estheticians, nail techs and First Impression Teams, too. While things have changed, our incredible, caring service and skill hasn’t, and we promise that at the end of your appointment, you’ll feel rejuvenated, relaxed and refreshed, almost as though you haven’t spent the last few months stuck at home playing teacher, daycare, in-home chef and star employee. Treat yourself—you deserve it!
We’re so excited to have you back in our chairs, and we know that together, we can get through this difficult and ever-changing time.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Sudsing up. We’re channeling our inner Martha Stewart and keeping the salons in tip-top shape – even cleaner than they were before! Everything is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, including all laundry and capes.
- Going contactless. As much as we wish we could hug our favorite clients or shake hands, we’re keeping our distance for now. We’ll also be asking you to pay via credit card if possible to reduce contact.
- Limiting some services. We are temporarily limiting the pampering portions of some services. But don’t worry – you’ll still be able to kick back and relax!
Here’s how you can help:
- Stay home if you aren’t feeling well. Even if you haven’t been exposed to COVID-19, staying home when you’re sick is a simple way to keep everyone healthy. We’ll help you get your appointment rescheduled so you can come see us when you’re feeling better. If you’re just not quite ready to visit, we totally get it! Try some of our favorite at-home beauty rituals in the meantime.
- Come solo. Please don’t bring your kids or friends along to your appointment. It’s a great time to relax and enjoy some much-needed “me” time. When you arrive, please send us a text and hang out in your car or outside enjoying the weather, and we’ll let you know when we’re ready for you.
- Wash your hair! Please arrive to cut and color appointments with clean, dry hair. We know, the shampoo is one of the best parts of a salon service, but it’s also pretty high contact. For now, we’re asking you to lather up at home and trust that when it’s safe to shampoo in the salon again, we’ll give you a killer scalp massage. (Your hair will be shampooed post-color, but won’t be styled, and we’ll be keeping the lively conversation we’re known for to a minimum as we shampoo you.)
- Mask up! Yes, wearing a mask hides your beautiful smile, but it’s an easy way to keep us all safer. We’ll be masked, and we require you to be too. Bonus points if you show up in a fun print or bright color, or if you pick up a new eyeliner or mascara from one of our product lines to emphasize those gorgeous eyes. Note: Please leave your drinks in the car or at home so you are able to keep your mask on at all times while in the salon.
- Be flexible. Things are changing at a rapid pace and we’re all trying to do our best.
We’re so excited to have you back in the salon and fix those grown-out roots and split ends, but we have to do it safely. If you have questions, please give us a call – we’re happy to talk you through any concerns you may have, and we can’t wait to see you (safely) soon!